Here’s a list of attributes you should look for:
The tax filing season is upon us, and many of you are looking for professional to file a tax return.
I say choose wisely.
Why? Because you are ultimately responsible for all the information on your income tax return. It’s important for you to remember that this is true no matter who prepares the return.
Here are some tips for folks to remember when selecting a preparer. You should:
- Check the preparer’s qualifications
- Check the preparer’s history
- Ask about service fees- Avoid those who boast bigger refunds than their competition
- Ask to e-file
- Make sure the preparer is available year round
- Provide records and receipts- Good preparers will ask to see a taxpayer’s records and receipts
- Never sign a blank return
- Review tax return before signing
- Review details about any refund or tax liability
- Ensure the preparer signs and includes their PTIN
- Report abusive tax preparers to the IRS
go to www.cswestcpas.com to learn more.